Invisible Artists
Brand Motion Design
main.jpg

The Importance of Video

The Importance of Video

 

“A video is worth 1.8 million words”

So, you may have heard that content is taking over the marketing industry, increasing engagement and brand loyalty. We’re not the only ones saying it! Here is why companies should begin to focus on video content. 

The scientific proof:

eyes.jpg

90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual.

faster.jpg

Visuals are processed 60,000 x faster in the brain than text.

Respond.jpg

40% of people will respond better to visual info than plain text.

child.jpg

The child looks and recognises before it can speak – Dr. Lynell Burmark, PhD

 

Video content growth

 

 

In 2015 experts believed that video would take up 57% of consumer internet traffic;
that's the equivalent of almost 4x as much as web browsing and email:

 

By 2017 this will have risen to 69%

By 2018 this will have risen to 79%

78.jpg

78% of people watch video online every week

55.jpg

55% of people watch videos online everyday

 
mobilemarketting.jpg

People would ask whether mobile marketing was important or not, we now know it is actually vital in today's vast growing digital world.

The graph above shows how the number of mobile users has now surpassed the number of desktop users and continues to grow.

Combined with mobile web, mobile usage accounts for roughly 60% of time spent using digital media, while desktop-based digital media consumption makes up the remaining 40%.

 

Video Facts

 

The top 1000 profiles on Facebook and Youtube are uploading 4x more videos natively on Facebook.

Native Facebook videos perform much better than Youtube videos posted to Facebook.

More than 1 billion videos are watched on the social network every day.

Facebook video plays are increasing 758% year over year.

People around the world are posting 75% more videos to Facebook than they did a year ago.

 
  • 4 billion youtube views per day.

  • The number of hours people are watching on YouTube each month is up 50% year on year.

  • 60% of a creator’s views come from outside their home country (great and easy way to expand abroad).

  • Half of YouTube views are on mobile devices.

When we talk about "content marketing" we mean the creation of storytelling material that attracts readers, viewers and listeners to a brand.
It’s about promoting a lifestyle rather than the product itself.

 

Brands putting it into practice

 

Brands are constantly being told that they need to act like publishers when developing a brand marketing strategy.
Some major brands – such as Red Bull – have indeed become media companies that still happen to sell FMCG products.

Redbull.jpg

With their love for extreme sports and adrenaline-junky stunts, Red Bull adopted the idea of associating good things to a brand by releasing insane video content.

GoPro.jpg

Instead of forcefully selling a product, GoPro have set out to release a series of videos that showcase the camera's top features.

 

It's very important not to completely shift from traditional advertising to digital advertising. It is crucial to have a balance of all advertising channels and see what works best for your company. Anything too drastic and it might resemble Pepsi’s Refresh project disaster. In 2010, Pepsi decided to abandon its long-standing commitment to traditional advertising in favour for social media. Although social stats rocketed, unfortunately sales did not, resulting in an estimated loss of $400 billion!

 

Did you know:

  • Video in email marketing can increase click-through rates by over 96%

  • 9 in 10 organisations market with content. Content Marketing Institute (2012)

  • 78% of Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) think custom content is the future of marketing. Hanley Wood (2013)

  • 86% of B2C marketers and 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing. eMarketer (2013)

Companies need to start thinking of content as a piece of intellectual property. An entertainment idea with a story that can be bought to life in a variety of formats and told in different ways.

By changing your mindset and applying the entertainment companies emotion-led approach, your video content can be something that audiences want to seek out, engage and share with friends. 

Here at Invisible Artists we tailor our strategy for different markets. We understand that different markets function differently to one another. For example in China YouTube is blocked so we use other channels and resources such as WeChat and Baidu to interact with the market out there.

 

With our successful global existence and experience we are not only able to create effective content nationally but also internationally.

So without further ado,
get in touch with us today!